This step-by-step tutorial will walk you through the process of connecting your camera to the CamCommander and the qDslrDashboard app.
WHATS IN THE BOX
- Li-ION Battery
- Hot shoe Mount
- Quick Start Guide
- Charging Block
- USB Cable (for charging only)
- Network Cable (for updating firmware)
- GNU Licence Sheet
WHAT YOU NEED
- Your Camera: For a full list of compatible cameras see the Compatibility Section.
- Your Camera’s USB Cable: In order to connect to your camera you will need to use the USB cable that came with your camera. The included USB cable is for charging only.
- CamCommander: Used to create the wireless connection to your camera.
- Charging Cable and Adapter: Used for charging your CamCommander.
- Mobile Device: Almost any laptop, tablet, or phone will do.
- QdslrDashboard App: This is the app that you will use to control your camera.
CONNECTING YOUR CAMERA
- Remove the back of your CamCommander by pulling on the small tab in front of the power port.
- Insert the battery being sure to line up the pins correctly.
- Charge your CamCommander by connecting the included USB Cable to the power port. You can use the power adapter as well as any powered USB port to charge CamCommander.
- Wait for the light to turn green meaning that your CamCommander is fully charged.
- Set CamCommander to AP mode by toggling the selection switch on the side of the device to “AP.”
- Power the CamCommander on by toggling the power switch to the “ON” position.
- Connect your camera’s USB cable (not the included cable) to the full size USB port on the front of the device.
- Turn on your camera and wait for the lights on the back of your camera to stabilize.
- Your camera is now connected to your CamCommander.
GETTING and CONNECTING THE APP
- Connect your device by opening the WiFi settings and finding the connection named “CamCommander.”
- Open qDslrDashboard, each time you connect or disconnect your camera you will need to close and restart the app.
- Connect to yo ur camera by tapping the connection button at the top of the screen and wait for your camera to initialize.
Visit Learn the App to learn to use all the amazing features in this powerful app.